Friday, February 15, 2013

Separation...

No, my wife hasn't left me.  I finally was able to separate the body from the drive-train.  The article I had read said all you needed to do was remove all the nuts/bolts except those on the top of the shock towers.  I didn't trust that and that was wise.  It would be unwise to do that.  The coils would have quickly shot the subframes downward.  Instead I left the shock town nuts on plus one nut on each side of the subframes.  Then I dropped the whole things down to the floor with a board under the lower control arms to protect the rotors.  This worked.  As soon as I removed all the nuts, the coils sprung the body upward.

My hope was to hang the body from the rafters and roll the drive-train outside to degrease next week when the temps get high enough.  Well we couldn't get it high enough without ratchet straps.  We will get some tomorrow and roll it out.  Then we'll drop the body down and remove the last items.

No comments:

Post a Comment