Sunday, February 3, 2013

Making some progress

I did some modifications out in the garage yesterday.  Hung three sets of lights to put some illumination on what I was working on.  Once they warmed up, they worked great.

I pulled a late-nighter last night despite the coldness.  It's so cold out in the garage that my fridge is keeping the beer warm.  It doesn't take too long for my beer to ice over once I open it (which is how I like it).

Earlier in the day I pulled the wiring harness through the firewall.  No way to pull the whole thing out until I could pull the heater core.  I went back later with the intention to just pull the top off.  The top was getting old and had the normal cracks along the hinge points.  Someone forgot to unzip the top before putting it down, so it had the big rip there.  Then there was a rip under the window.  I decided there was no use even trying to salvage the top.  So that made it much easier to wrestle the thing out at the end.  I pulled the latches hoping I might be able to see them.  I'll pull the vinyl off when it warms up and strap the steel.  Can't see where anyone would want the frame.

Cracked the A/C open and was able to get a few of the fittings loose.  I need to stop by HF this week to pick up some larger wrenches.  I don't want to chance things by using adjustable too much. Ripped the carpet out.  Carpet is in good shape, but the pad was shot.  It still had moisture in it from when it was as the salvage yard.  Noticed crystals everywhere (did I mention how cold it is in my garage).  Had some issues getting the passenger kick panel out.  One bolt was completely rusted away.  Finally got the computer out.  Drained the coolant so I could pull the radiator and heater core.  Got a little nervous when I seen this brown crud at the end.  I checked the web and they said that was normal.



No comments:

Post a Comment